Ways to Give



When our clients leave prison, they are given $50. Think of these many men and women who have no home, no job, no transportation, and no structure to support them. Think of the children whose lives will be profoundly affected by whether or not their parent will get the support they need to beat the odds and not return to jail or prison again.

What your contribution can mean for women and men in prison or returning to their communities after incarceration, or their children?

  • $125 will pay for school uniforms for a child in the CHIP Mentoring Program
  • $150 will pay for new educational and training materials for the ACT re-entry workshop
  • $200 will pay for a 15 passenger van and fuel to transport children to visit their incarcerated parent
  • $300 will pay for a client’s bus pass for four months after release.  Transportation is essential for those leaving incarceration to get to counseling sessions, medical services, training classes, job interviews, and all the other travel critical to re-entry.
  • $250 will cover the medical costs a TAP client faces for the 90 day period until the state medical insurance is granted
  • $400 will pay for school supplies for the children in the CHIP Mentoring program
  • $500 will pay for two months of photocopying child support and divorce packets, as well as the postage expenses that are needed to help prisoners represent themselves in pro se civil legal matters such as child support modification, child custody, obtaining legal documents, etc.
  • $550 will pay for an outing to the Baltimore Zoo for all 30 mentors and mentees in the CHIP Mentoring Program.
  • $1,000 will pay for job readiness training fees, books, and supplies, as well as interview outfits and job uniforms.
  • $1,080 will pay for two months rent in transitional housing
  • $3,000 will pay for a 28-day residential or outpatient drug recovery program
  • $4,000 will pay for one year of the intensive case management that is the key to successful re-entry.  (Compare this to the $25,000 a year it costs to keep a person in prison.)

Think about your own priorities for gift giving this year. We hope Alternative Directions will be high on your list.

Alternative Directions will accept contributions by check, as well as gift card donations such as grocery cards, pharmacy cards and general gift cards, and toiletry donations.

You can call our office at  410-889-5072 to arrange a contribution, or send a check to:

Alternative Directions, Inc.
2505 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Click on the “Donate” button to contribute to Alternative Directions, Inc. today!


Gifts in-kind

Alternative Directions gratefully accepts gifts in-kind. Donations of food, clothing, toiletries, and many other supplies help meet the considerable needs of women and children.

The following gifts in-kind are especially welcomed:

Donate Food
We accept canned goods and other nutritious foods. Donations need not be imperishable.

Donate Clothing for Women and Children
Underwear (sizes Large, XL, and XXL) and socks are constant needs. Cold weather clothing and hats are highly valued, as are all other donations of serviceable women’s clothing, including business wear and shoes.

Donate Supplies for Women and Children
Shampoo, disposable razors, and full-size soap bars are ever-present needs. We also welcome donations of office supplies, cleaning supplies, feminine hygiene products, tooth brushes, toothpastes, kids hygiene products.

If you have questions about specific items to donate, please call             (410) 889-5072       or email info@alternativedirectionsinc.org. Donations can be dropped off at the Alternative Directions between 8:30am and 4pm.


Be a volunteer

Alternative Directions need volunteers for a variety of projects. Tutoring, administrative projects, and assisting with special events are a few examples of the ways volunteers can help us in our mission.

If you are interested in volunteering please contact us at (410) 889-5072 or info@alternativedirectionsinc.org.


United Way Campaign

The Combined Charity Campagin for employess and retirees of Baltimore City. Number 4169.
The Maryland Charity Campagn is for employees of the State of Maryland. Number 4169.
The United Way of Central Maryalnd Workplace Giving campaign provides paycheck reduction giving for various private companies throughout the region. Number 4169.

If you are an employee of the federal government, state of Maryland, or Baltimore City, click on the appropriate link to take you to their web page for more information or further instructions. Private employees may also contribute through the United Way if their company is participating.

Comments are closed.

SAPE ERROR: Не могу записать данные в файл: D:\Inetpub\alternativedirectionsinc\wp-content\themes\weaver\images\cache\3f9e7ffccc6995af0bc4886a484f1db1/links.db